The COVID Crisis Leadership Development Program:
HTN (HERE this NOW) is proud to announce the COVID Crisis Leadership Development Program
Is this you?
You’re a female school administrator who goes into the work whole-hearted. In recent years, you’ve had some ACES and trauma training and it’s changed how you view everything. You understand the problems we are facing won’t be resolved by the status quo. You get it.
Now you’re trying to figure out how to help others to get it, especially during the COVID pandemic. You need this knowledge to change how things are done in your school(s) right now! We get it.
You’re who we like to call a PLU— People Like Us. You’re courageous, willing to have uncomfortable conversations, a motivated life-long learner, committed to doing good, and dream of making the world a better place, especially in education.
You can’t change culture on your own. You need others like you.
If this is you, take a deep breath and exhale— We got you!
We are here to:
- support you
- hold space for you
- help you slow down and regulate
- share vital information, knowledge, and expertise with you
- connect you with others sharing the same experience
- give you an opportunity to practice new skills and new ways of leading
- make lemons into lemonade (shhh,…we like ours with a little Titos)
- make you feel insanely encouraged.
If these are things you want, then this program is exactly what you need to start making that dream of creating change a reality!
STEP 1: Gather your peeps.
These aren’t your collegial peers; these are your people. The people in your district who want to do things differently but are unsure of how. Invite 3-5 fellow school administrators, or other internal change agents, to accompany you on this journey of building capacity to guide your school during this time of unrelenting change and challenge (maximum of 6 participants).
STEP 2: Register your team.
During this 6-month (December 2020-May 2021) intensive leadership development program we will show you how you can level up your school(s) to prioritize what is needed, now and in the aftermath of a collective stress-inducing experience. You will be building resilience for current students and future generations. As a result, your school(s) will likely see a faster return to academic gains accompanied by a sense of safety and stability.
Step 3: Get to Know Us.
We will kick-off the program with a 60-minute virtual social networking event. This will not be your typical Zoom chat. Be prepared to laugh, share battle cries, get to know one another, set intentions, and bond with fellow participants and your team of consultants.
Your HTN (HERE this NOW) Team of Coaches:
We are here to provide your leadership team with unwavering support, robust resources, and a genuine place to belong amidst the chaos of now.
Founder of HERE this NOW
More about Emily
Emily is founder of HERE this NOW, a trauma-informed consulting firm and author of the new somatosensory and Polyvagal-informed approach to social-emotional learning (SEL) in the classroom: The Regulated Classroom: “Bottom-Up” Trauma-Informed Teaching.
Daniels is an internationally recognized trauma specialist in the trauma-informed schools movement and has served thousands of clients through in-person and virtual professional development training, workshops, webinars, conferences and keynote addresses.
National Trauma-Informed Schools Consultant
More about Lara
More about Kristen
The program begins in December 2020.
All professional development sessions will be recorded; however, attendance and participation is highly encouraged for optimal learning and support from the program.
The Whole She’bang! ($17,000)*
For your team of change makers (maximum 6 participants); cohort learning model *qualifies for CARES ACT funding
- (6) 90-minute Virtual Professional Development Sessions To Increase Leadership Capacity – These will include special guests from our broad network of trauma-informed consultants.Topic include:
December 12th, Cultivating Physiological Regulation and Felt Sense of Safety
January 8th, Effective Communication Strategies During Crisis and COVID
January 29th, Proactively Addressing Loss of Normalcy and Predictability
February 12th, Distributive Leadership Skills to Generate More Equity
March 12th, Collective Care Strategies for Staff
April 9th, Trauma-Informed Leadership Mindset
May (Date to Be Determined), Program Wrap Up
- (3) 60-minute Individual Coaching Sessions with a HTN Consultant
- Access to a Facilitated Online Community of Education-Focused PLU’s
For an unlimited number of district participants:
- 6 Hour Virtual Professional Development: Introduction to The Regulated Classroom© – A Bottom-Up Approach to Trauma-Informed Teaching
- 50 copies of The Regulated Classroom© guidebook
- 10 Somatosensory Toolkits
- (3) One Hour Implementation Coaching Sessions for The Regulated Classroom©
On-Demand Webinar or Live 60 minute Virtual Event
for Parents and Families
Here’s what to expect from the program:
- Active and full participation is essential to fully benefit from this opportunity. Professional development sessions will be recorded, but attendance during sessions is a much richer experience for all and highly recommended.
- This program is not a panacea. We cannot guarantee that participation in the program will result in improvement for your leadership team/school. We provide the knowledge, support, and tools. It’s up to each individual how they apply these understandings.
- This is deeply personal transformative work. If we wish to see change, we must acknowledge that it begins with ourselves. This is often a painful process. Change is an ongoing process of inquiry and reflection. We are human and our journey of growing and developing is continual.
- We are here to support you and your team. This includes guidance in navigating challenging team dynamics that can arise when a subject triggers a stress-response for particular individuals. However, we cannot be in the position of mediating internal conflicts.
Are we the right team for you?
If you agree with the following statements, then we call you our PLU (People Like Us).
- You know there is a better way and you are passionate about making a difference in schools right now.
- You’re committed to social justice. You understand that Black Lives Matter is more than a slogan and you are an advocate for equity.
- You’re empathetic. You feel your staff’s frustration and suffering and it impacts your ability to do your job.
- You like to be challenged. You welcome opportunities to deepen your personal and professional growth.
- You want to provide meaningfully support for your school community during this time. You’re a bit overwhelmed and are seeking “tangibles” for effectively addressing the current circumstance.
- You see yourself as someone who could truly be a change-maker for how we do education, during this time and after.
Still with us? Then, welcome home!
Register for the COVID Crisis
Leadership Development Program
Please fill out the form below with up to 6 participants information.
The first participant will be the primary contact for follow up and scheduling.